Thursday 5 February 2009

4 weeks on

Today I have been to see my consultant for my 4 week check up and all is good. I still cant see the Snellen chart unaided but with the pinhole thingy I can see the 4th line which is very good as this is an indication of how well it can be corrected. All my stitches are in tact and the graft is settling well.

I am allowed to start Yoga again but no pilates for another month, and no headstands! I have got a prescription for new drops, maxidex 3 times a day month 1, 2 month 2, and once a day month 3. I do not need to go back for 3 months unless anything is wrong thankfully and then Mr De Cock wants to see about removing the first couple of stitches.

A student had a good look at my eye today and as I was leaving asked my consultant when the bandage lens will be removed. Bandage lens? What bandage lens? Mr De Cock looks confused and double checks my eye. Low and behold there is a bandage lens in my eye that I was completely unaware of that has now been removed today with a pair of tweezers. My eye feels funny now but not painful. Just gritty and, sounds a bit weird, but naked! When I put my drops in now I feel them and they sting more but it is bearable.

I am STILL off work but plan to go back on Wednesday after my Occupational Health assessment on Tuesday. Cant wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. No way!!!!

    Can't believe you had a bandage lens in and they didn't even tell you. I'm having mine out monday so that will be week earlier than when you had yours out. I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it did last time. Great news about the stitches possibly coming out. Mine is continuous so won't be out for at least 18 months. I have just been signed off for another 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnny

    Good luck for Monday. It should be OK just feels bizarre afterwards. You can def feel the stitches more and the drops sting alot! DALK op does take longer to recover as far as I am aware. I suppose as it is continuous the whole lot will stay in as long as possible. I take it that the next two weeks will bring you to a month too, Good luck with the boredom!

    ReplyDelete